DIY Sandbox Boat Tutorial

$138

Lately I've been all about creating DIY projects by re-purposing and reusing old objects that can no longer be used for their original purpose. Building a sandbox was something I thought of with my daughter's second Birthday in mind. We've decided to have a small backyard party with family and friends and I wanted to have something outdoors that her friends (ages 1 to 5) could all enjoy.
This project took a few days but was relatively easy to do (I didn't need my husband's help once). The cost was more than I wanted to spend ($138) but it will be used by my daughter and hopefully future children for years to come so I think it was well worth it.
First I used some left over nuts and bolts to plug the holes in the side of the boat, where the seats had been attached. I spray painted the boat using two cans each of Rust-oleum 2x Ultra Cover Paint + Primer Seaside (lighter color) for the inside and around the upper edge and Lagoon (darker color) for the outside.
Please see the link below to view the complete tutorial.

24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
25 Impressive Ways You Can Update Your Ikea Purchases!
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
Haleyjunebug

• Venessa O
    Venessa O

Wow, very cute idea! Try splitting colorful pool noodles down one side and padding the edges of the boat with it for safety, just in case.

• Jeanette S
    Jeanette S

LOVE IT! (Caution! Check it often for signs of cats visiting!)