Asked on Dec 11, 2018

How can I remove residue from glazed ceramic tile?

Ana BacallaoJoan StanleyNancy Turner
+4

• Kelli L. Milligan

Is it the film left from grouting? Just keep washing using a plastic scrubby.

• Ana Bacallao

What kind of residue are you referring to?

• Olga Lopez

I think my cleaning lady just keep smearing the wet mop over and over. You can not see the dull floor unless the sun shines thru my garden doors and then you can see the residue. I had that problem before and corrected it, but forgot what I used.

• Cynthia H

Hi Olga! what type of residue is it?

• Nancy Turner

Cleaning residue, try using vinegar water, it will help cut the soapy residue, rinse your rag or mop frequently and change the liquid if it gets cloudy or you will just put back the dirty water on the floor.

• Joan Stanley

If you are talking about the sticky stuff left from price tags or labels, use GooGone. It comes right off. Then be sure to wash the surface very thoroughly.

• Ana Bacallao

I agree that a little white vinegar in your water should help clear up the residue. Just make sure you rinse and change water as you go.