Asked on Dec 11, 2018

How do I clean hard water stains on windows?

Becky HeidgerKaren ThornePatricia Suit
+5

What's the best product?

• BonBon

I remove my screens and clean the windows. I’ve recently bought some window cleaning cloths from amazon. No product needed. You wet the green cloths in water, squeeze to dry some, clean your windows then dry with blue cloths. I recommend them. I’ve not ever tried to clean thru blinds. Taking screens down allows you to hose off both sides. Just be careful not to bend frames of screen or you’ll have a time getting them to fit back in window. Good luck and Merry Christmas.

• Beth

Becky, do not try to clean the windows through the screens. The pressure of the water needed to clean them will tear up the screens, and if you do not use this amount of pressure, you won't clean the windows. Also, the dirt will collect at the bottom and make a mess because you can't rinse/drain properly. Remove the screens, clean the windows, then clean the screens on the driveway. As my mama used to say, "Why is it, there's never time to do it right in the first place, but there's always time to do it over again?!" And that's going to be true for you, if you don't "do it right in the first place."

• Maura White

Have you tried the Norwex envirocloth and Window cloth? You can buy them here: http://maurawhite.norwex.biz/

check out a demo video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUjcxqz_B3w&t=208s

• Becky Heidger

The screens don’t come off. I have tried, they are screwed in and the window doesn’t go up high enough to unscrew them!

• Jan Loehr

Is it possible for you to hire a handyman to remove those screens permanently? We had all of our screens taken off years back and it made the window cleaning easy...and it also made the inside of the house a lot brighter... better light...house looks so much better without those dingy gray screens on...

• Patricia Suit

I use Windex Outdoor Window Cleaner...put it on the hose and go to town!!

• Karen Thorne

Vinegar is the best thing to remove hard water. Spray it on. Let it sit a few minutes. Spray with water and wipe them down.

• Becky Heidger

Thank you all