Asked on Dec 12, 2018

How can I help my Hostas that were hit by a heavy frost?

KmdreamerLynn SorrellPeggy Burnette
+1

What to do with hostas that are still in pot but were hit by heavy frost? Can they be salvaged?

• Kelli L. Milligan

I think so, they are pretty hardy. They are bulbs, do keep cool and water occasdionally, plant in spring

• Peggy Burnette

Hi Gwen, I hope you can save your plants, hostas are beautiful and easy to grow and divide. Here are some suggestions for you . Good luck and Merry Christmas How to overwinter perennials in pots | Garden Making

1. https://gardenmaking.com › Containers

Nov 14, 2015 - Here's 3 ways for overwintering perennials in pots. ... To overwinter them successfully,you need to keep the plants ... A plant growing in the ground is more protected from severe cold (and ... However, when sun hits the sides of a container, especially a ... Wondering how to winter some potted hostas…

• Lynn Sorrell

Frost only damages/kills off upper part of plant as long as tubers have not frozen they will be fine. Just cut off tops that are damaged and move it some where covered don't let container freeze. If in ground they'd be fine

• Kmdreamer

Cut them down they will come back