Will odor absorber get rid of the dog urine smell in my carpet?

+4

I have 3 dogs and they have ruined my house by peeing on my carpet.

• Kelli L. Milligan Kelli L. Milligan on Dec 12, 2018

What oder absorber? Probably not. It is now in pad and most likely in the wood under your. Carpet. Should really take it all up so you can address the wood. Plus the dogs will still smell the order under the carpet in the wood and continue to pee on your carpet.

• Elissa Anushko Wolf Elissa Anushko Wolf on Dec 12, 2018

Maybe. It has likely soaked thru the carpet down to the pad, and possibly even permeated the concrete. Cheapest thing to try would be good old fashioned white vinegar. Saturate the spots, let soak, then blot up with clean towels. You may need to do it several times. You can also try Nature’s Miracle, which is an enzyme cleaner specifically made for pet stains and odors.

• Laura Cooper Laura Cooper on Dec 12, 2018

No it won't. Urine soaks through to the subfloor. The subfloor needs to be sealed with Kilz, the damaged padding replaced and the carpet cleaned on the back side and top.

• Leta Leta on Dec 12, 2018

I agree with all the above. If caught early take paper towel and step on it to absorb as much as you can. It is a problem. Let the dogs out more often or train for pads on a ceramic floor. My aunt trained her larger dog to urinate in the bathtub, then she washed it down.

• Lynn Sorrell Lynn Sorrell on Dec 12, 2018

This product will work https://www.bonanza.com/listings/Pet-Odor-Remover-Stinkers-Odor-Remover-Kills-Odors-Fast-Forever/361143373?goog_pla=1&gpid=76984043821&keyword=&goog_pla=1&pos=1o5&ad_type=pla&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI-v3l2rTQ3gIVFNVkCh3hrwoeEAQYBSABEgJ1kvD_BwE Or go to local janitorial supply & ask for odor neutralizer, only commercial grade products will help nothing over the counter you're wasting your time cleaning & your $. These type products are used at crime scene cleanups to remove feces,puke,pee,dead body so they work.You really need to remove carpets

• Betsy Betsy on Dec 16, 2018

Hi Linda: I had carpeting pulled up after 40 years only to find that the cats used one corner as a potty! Talk about stink:( For some reason I couldn't smell it until I pulled the carpet up:/ I got a product called OdorMute. Sometimes Pet Supplies Plus carries it or you can get it on-line. It's a granule and you mix it with warm water. I sprayed the area from the top and from the bottom, going into the basement to do that. I used a goodly amount, but not soaking the wood so it would swell. I left it for a day, resprayed and the smell is gone. This stuff is amazing, you can wash the pets in it if they get sprayed by skunks, wash your clothes and just everything. Cats peed on my son's baseball pants. He hid them in a plastic bag and I found them several years later. I put them in a pail of water with the OdorMute and they came out smell free and really white. It should work on your floor, it works on everything. And, it's earth friendly, has no odor of it's own, and made in the USA! You need something that is an enzyme eater, that's what makes the smell, the enzymes, and this stuff has that! Some Walmart stores sell it, too. I highly recommend this product! :) Good luck.

• Karen Karen on Dec 16, 2018

put baking soda on the wet spot & let dry then vacuum or can use vinegar & water to clean spot