Sandy
Sandy
  • Fremont, OH
Asked on Dec 12, 2018

How do I fix a dripping faucet when have no plumbing experience?

JenniferHeather OlindeJohnavallance82
+2

• Dale

Find out what the brand of faucet is. Go to a local hardware store, the mom and pop type. Give them the info, they carry rubber washers and replacement cylinders for most brands. Most are great about even telling you how to do the repair work yourself. I worked at one for a couple of years and did this all of the time. Good luck

• This link should get you started, Sandy:

https://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Leaky-Faucet

• Johnavallance82

Hi Sandy, Buy a good DIY book that has Plumbing repairs for the amature.

• Heather Olinde

Generally a leaky faucet is because of a cracked or broken O ring. If it is a kitchen faucet, you will want to turn off the water and start to disassemble the faucet. You will see the O ring that I referenced as you take it apart. Then bring the old O ring with you to the hardware store to match it up with a new one. Then just reassemble it and turn your water back on.

• Jennifer

Don’t forget to use a waterproof grease/lube around the handle if it is tougher to use. You know, works tighter...