Unconventional Art in The Garden

$0

It was a gorgeous summer day and I was suppose to be doing laundry, however I decided It could wait...Being creative was way more important! I found this chair sitting among the flowers and vines when we bought this house, I could not understand why anyone would place this chair in such an odd spot and not to mention it wasn't very appealing. We started using it as a place to sit on our back patio since we were low on chairs but last weekend we bought a beautiful patio set and this chair was no longer needed. I decided I would give it a makeover and place it back into our yard but I wanted it to be a unique piece of art that was pretty to look at. To see more you can check out my blog.
Before and After...
A closer look..."The Earth Laughs In Flowers" E.E. Cummings...I figure you can never go wrong with art and beautiful words.
I love abstract art and all of the beautiful vibrant colors. Impressionism is one of my favorite art movements.
I've always loved painting flowers and birds. I can remember my first art award in 5th grade was of a peacock and from there I had many birds, flowers, butterflies and gardens in school art shows. I love the colors and textures that they bring, it's quite amazing.

Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
15 Stencil Patterns You'll Wish You'd Seen Sooner
23 Adorable Ways You Can Make Your Own Coasters
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
21 Clever Wind Chimes You Can Make
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
12 Christmas Home Tours You're SO Going To Fall For
Everything Red For Canada Day
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Kimberly Noelle

• Ardale

First off you are a very talented artist! Love your chair! I'd like to ask what the seat and seat back are made of. It looks like either canvas or a canvas looking type of plastic? Did you paint your pretty florals in oil based artist paints? Wish I had half your talent, a chair like this that I could place in among a pretty flower bed with a small concrete or paver stone patio under it. Very creative and pretty! So happy your chair got a new life and your yard a pretty focal point.
    • Jewellmartin

@Ardale, I think you have the paint figured out. I went to the blog, but I didn't find this project in detail. This is the most impressive of all the pretty painted chairs I've seen. She is a true artist and this chair will last longer than the laundry she would have done that day. Best wishes 😇
  • Brisa Burgher

Hi Kimberly, my name is Brisa and all I can say is "I am in love with this chair. Can you please tell me step by step how can I make a replica of yours? You are a wonderful artist

• Daphne

Instructions andwhat products you used would be helpful.

• Kathy Darlene

Hi! Love the chair. I would like more info on what you used to paint the pavers and bird bath, please!

• Bella

Yes I did and it turned out beautiful