How can I clean hardwood floors?

Would like to make a cleaning mixture to clean my hardwood floors. Is homemade better than store bought?

• Traci Traci on Dec 13, 2018

Hello Traci here my grandmother always used Murphy oil soap. It's so good for a lot of things it cleans and adds just enough conditioner to it

• See 1 previous
    • Traci Traci on Dec 13, 2018

Happy holidays to you.Ive been in construction for years and find myself using it alot.i even use on all my cabinets floor and even on my leather seats in my truck.Please feel free to email anytime

• Landsharkinnc Landsharkinnc on Dec 13, 2018

Personally I prefer BONA for real hardwood .. Murphy is great for other wood surfaces --- cupboards, tables, etc.

• Pamela Pamela on Dec 13, 2018

Hi ! I use warm water and vinegar !!! That's it !!! Once a year I use a product called quick shine made by a company called Halloway House . ( they make several versions, make sure you get the one for hard wood floors) You use this on clean floors , squirt it on and smooth over floor, you can do up to 7 layers, that will be like a bowling alley ! I use one of two coats , letting floor dry completely before putting down the next coat. My 50+ year old floors , still look new !

• Lori Lori on Dec 13, 2018

Your solution is interesting. I might give it a try. Thank you.