Homeroad
Homeroad
  • Huntington, NY

Snow Globe Style Snowmen

$2

I love these little snowmen, they're made with spice bottles found at the thrift store and they couldn't be cuter!.

snow globe style snowmen

After cleaning each spice bottle, I put a drop of hot glue into the bottom of the bottle.

I then dropped a small  bottle brush tree or tiny ornament into the glue at the bottom of the jar. 

I added a small scoop of epsom salt into the jar for snow. 

snow globe style snowmen

I made a few of these cute little snowmen using salt shakers too. The process is the same and salt shakers are readily available at the thrift store!

snow globe style snowmen

I glued on a large wooden bead with E6000 glue for the head then painted it white. 

snow globe style snowmen

Each little snowman got a cute little face using a Sharpie marker.

I added a plaid ribbon for the scarf then I returned the lid of the spice bottle on top for the hat.  I glued the hat on with E6000 as well.

snow globe style snowmen

These little snowmen barely made it out of the workshop.

When I put a photo on Instagram @Homeroad they sold out before I could get them to the craft fair.

Please visit Homeroad.net and take a look at the other version of snowmen I made using this process.

You can visit the complete tutorial by clicking the GO BUTTON below!

Homeroad