Asked on Dec 14, 2018

How do you cheaply get rid of moles?

TiciaMerelyn saleSally Wiese
+4

I have tried poison pellets in the holes. Have done a lime application, but still they keep tearing up my yard. My neighbor just paid like $1500 for treatments,I can't afford that.

• Kelli L. Milligan

He chased them all over to you! I don't know, our dog got rid of ours.

• My house had been uninhabited for a couple years before I purchased it. Place was crawling with burrowing rodents and crickets. I tried a trap, and caught one and they are mean little suckers. My ex hubby built me a windmill out of random stuff out of our garages and a trip to a hardware store. I went and looked at them and they were more than i could afford, so he built one. Worked like a charm. We gave it to a nice young couple when we were done with it. The vibration is what they don't like and move on.

• Oliva

Hi, Joe,

If you don't have access to the windmill type device, you can spray your yard with a mixture of castor bean oil and garlic, but leave a small area untouched, so moles can escape.

See https://pestkill.org/moles/castor-oil.

If you plant Euphorbia Lathyris, castor bean plants, daffodils, Crown Imperial, etc., moles will avoid the area.

• Blackeyedjosie

We used a water filled roller behind our riding mower. No hassle no chemicals. Pretty sure you can rent a roller with a handle that you would walk behind.

• Sally Wiese

I poured Ammonia down the holes..never saw them again.

• Merelyn sale

Castor oil and Dawn soap. spray in their runs, or pour in their holes.. My neighbor uses the ammonia says it works also.

• Ticia

I've been told that moles make 3 runs - 2 are false and one is active so I'm guessing you'd have to use the castor oil/ammonia and/or dawn in each one but doesn't that ruin the grass?