Asked on Dec 14, 2018

How do I organize my closets?

BetsyKathy Gunter LawKaren | Decor Hint
+1

• Kathy Gunter Law

I arrange by weight and color. Example: sweaters, long sleeve tops, shirt sleeve sweaters, short sleeve tops, tank tops. Each section dark to light. Same method for pants and skirts. Then I just go to a section based on how warm of cool I want my outfit to be.

Hi Shelli: Do the old 3 pile trick:) one pile for what you want to keep - one pile for stuff you may want to keep - one pile of stuff you want to donate or throw away. Go through the first pile and sort again to see if you just really have to have an item. If not, put it into the second or 3rd pile. Hang the stuff up that you want to keep. Then, go through the second pile. If you absolutely want the item, put it in the first pile spot. Then, sort again, only no 2nd pile. Then,go through the 3rd pile and sort as to throw out and donate. When you have the piles separated, put the donate pile in a bag and mark it. Take the throw out pile, put it in a bag and call a few animal shelters and see if they can use the material, also check with Paws for a Cause and see if they can use it for stuffing dog beds (or maybe you can make dog beds out of old pillow cases!) Donate the bag so marked and put the other bag (if you can't find a shelter or someone to take it) on Freecycle.org or Trashnothing.com and see if you can donate it to someone who is making quilts or something. Just keep it out of the landfill!:) Good luck