MAILBOX DECORATION FINALLY UP!!!

$8

We have had so much rain and then the cold weather moved in that I was afraid I might not get my mail box decorated.

This is the rustic snowman my son helped me put together. It was a lot of fun...particularly trying to figure out what to use to keep the paint from running in the wet season.

This was a lot of fun to make and I am so delighted that it turned out as well as it did!

mailbox decoration finally up

I figured out the measurements and son cut the pieces out of scrap 2x2.

mailbox decoration finally up

I used white exterior latex house paint so it would withstand the rain!

mailbox decoration finally up

I laid out the pieces as I went along to make sure I was getting the right shape.

mailbox decoration finally up

I printed out a heart on the printer and used it as a pattern. And the penny and dime were the right size for the eyes and cheeks.

The accents...hearts were red nail polish with glitter glued on later; eyes and mouth were black nail polish that just happened to be at Dollar Tree at Halloween; cheeks were bright pink nail polish.

The hat was painted with Exterior black paint!

mailbox decoration finally up

Added touches were from scrap pieces I had in my craft containers.

My son made a platform for it to sit on (painted black to blend with mailbox) and wired to the post.

mailbox decoration finally up

I am really pleased with this project!

• Carlena Biggs

did you do both sides? Can't tell but seems logical...lol

• Barb

what did you use for snow on the base?

• Jeanette S

P.S. I have used artificial snow before and used spray glue. But I did not want to dig through boxes to find it and the spray glue does not store well...the nozzle gets gunky! I will probably not use this again.

• Paul Schaaf

How do you make the brim of the hat?