Christmas Tea Cup Candy Dish

$2

Make a pretty Christmas Tea Cup Candy dish using an old tea cup. Making a lid for it is simple and only takes a few items. Fill it with colorful candy for a pretty display over the holidays.

christmas tea cup candy dish

This cup is from a set that I bought last year at Goodwill. As I was taking it out of the box once I brought it home, I dropped one of the cups and broke it into several pieces. Don’t you hate when something like that happens? Since the set was only a few dollars, I didn’t feel too bad about it, but it left me with three cups instead of four.

That’s when I decided I would use the remaining cups for crafts.

I used a wood craft disc that I found among my many wood craft pieces for the lid. Use the disc as a template to cut a circle from white felt. Spray the disc with adhesive spray and place the felt circle onto it. 

christmas tea cup candy dish

Cut a piece of rickrack to fit around the disc and hot glue it in place.

christmas tea cup candy dish

Hot glue a mini pine cone and red floral berries to the center of the felt lid. You could also use bells or any Christmasy embellishment. 

christmas tea cup candy dish

Place a generous amount of hot glue onto the saucer at the spot that the cup will sit. Place the cup onto the hot glue and hold for about a minute. Add a small ribbon and tie it off into a bow on the cup handle. 

christmas tea cup candy dish

Mine is filled with holiday M&Ms, but any colorful candy would look pretty. I added a few small glitter present ornaments that I bought last year at Walmart to the saucer. Remove the plastic hook and add small dots of hot glue to hold them in place. 

christmas tea cup candy dish

These would make a fun hostess gift or as a small gift to anyone on your list. Using a seasonally decorated cup would make this a great idea for any holiday.

christmas tea cup candy dish

• Thrift Store Tea Cup & Saucer  (Goodwill)
  • Wood Craft Disc  (Michaels)
  • Felt  (Walmart)
Beverly Roderick at Across the Blvd