Recycled Old Wood Table

$900
Advanced

I was saving up some wood that I had from a friend, and being that I had an open day, I decide to turn it into an industrial rustic table. Take a look at this cool project!

First, I prepared and cut the wood for the table top.

Then I prepared the iron for the legs 50 x 30 and 50 x 5

The next day, I was visiting with some friends that are working in an iron workshop. So I asked them if they could hook me up with some nice iron details to add on the edges of my table. It's good to have friends everywhere!

Then I got back to my workshop and started brainstorming for the design of the table legs. I didn't wanted an x or u design , so I came up with the idea of mixing an x with the diamond shape- like this!

Then it was time for the most painful part of this project- the nails! It took me about 5-6 hours to make them  but, I love how they came out! I used them to affix the iron details to the site of the table top.

Than, after a good sanding ,I've added a good coat of Danish oil for the table top and a black matte finish for the legs . On the next day, when was all dried up I've start putting together my nice table...

After a good sanding, I painted on a coat of Danish oil to the table top and a black matte paint to the legs. Then I let it all dry.

Here you can see how nice it came out with the details on the sides.

And, finished! It looks great!

• Miss Daisy

AWESOME - how did you make the nails ? Silly question but this enquiring mind wants to know . You have a lot of AWESOMENESS going on there but the nails take it over the top of the AWESOMENESS scale.

• Suzan

Miss Daisy - I was also very curious about the nails. We must think along the same elements, certainly not silly! Elementary my dear (Sherlock of course) our higher brain power is always inquisitive! 😉

• Barbara Younger Heinrichs

Is the table connected to the base or just sitting on it?

• Marian

Hi Barbara, the top it's fixed with the base with screws. Thank you....

• Melanie

well done... Especially those nails 😍👏

• Suzan

Marian - Kudos to you. YOU. PROJECT: Imaginative. Clever thought process. Great looking and well made. Good presentation. Very well done Lady!

• Marian

Hi Suzan, thank you for your kind words, I'm glad that you like it. I'm a man, in my country Marian, it's a man name . Be good !!!