Abstract Christmas Ornaments

$10

Now is the time to stock up on the clear plastic bulb ornaments. Most craft stores have them on sale since Christmas is so close. These ornaments are funky, cool and beautiful all at the same time. I was showing my teenager all the ornaments I had recently made and asked him what his favorite was. He said "the square one because it looks like it's straight outta the 80's!"

abstract christmas ornaments
abstract christmas ornaments

Start by pouring craft paint into your ornament. Turn the ornament upside down so the paint runs down the sides and out of the ornament.

abstract christmas ornaments

Let the ornaments dry completely and place the cap back on. Cut out triangles, squares and rectangles with the adhesive vinyl.

abstract christmas ornaments

Add the shapes randomly to the ornaments. They look awesome just like this, but I wanted a little more "funkiness" with these ornaments.

abstract christmas ornaments

I tied on a ribbon for hanging and glued some tinsel ribbon around the cap. What do you think? Do these look like something from the 80's? These would be a great gift to make for a friend or a fun craft for craft night or Christmas party. I have more ornaments on the blog if you want to check them out! www.lostmom.org

• Clear ornament bulbs  (craft store)
  • Craft paint  (craft store)
  • Adhesive vinyl  (craft store)
Holly Lengner - Lost Mom