Asked on Dec 16, 2018

How do I remove a clump of Golden Canes?

BetsyPeggy BurnetteKathy
+2

• Peggy Burnette

Hi Kathy, sorry you are having problems with removing golden canes. I did some research and this is the best answer I found for you. Good luck. I cut the top and bottom out of a 55 gallon drum, installed it over the stump and poured in 4 bags of charcoal and walked away, it was gone overnight

• Kathy

Hi Peggy,

Do you know if the charcoal is hot .. sounds like it would be??

• Peggy Burnette

One the one site I saw you dig around the plant and put hot charcoal on top of it and cover it with a metal bucket or trash can. Good luck

Hi Peggy: Get a product called ground clear, it kills everything! You can get it at most home improvement stores. Then, put some in a small can and paint the undersides of the leaves with this, using a small foam brush. Be sure not to get the ground clear on anything else. The plant will take the poison to the roots, through the leaves, and kill just this plant - if you are careful not to get the ground clear on anything else. You can use this method on any plant you want to get rid of. If you are worried about the leaves touching your other plants, cut the unwanted plant short, leaving several leaves, paint the leaves with the ground clear and then cover it with a plastic bag and secure it to the ground. That way, even the wind won't blow the poisoned leaves onto your other plants.

If you are, or you know someone who is, diabetic, ask for one of their used needles, fill it with the ground clear and inject it, in a downwards direction, directly into the vine. Then, be sure to dispose of the needle properly.

Good luck