Polly
Polly
  • Southern Pines, NC
Asked on Dec 17, 2018

How do you keep inflatable decoration outside in cold weather?

Erin Reed | Erin Reed MakesCor32419347Kathy Gunter Law

"How" can people try to put inflatable figures outside as part of their Christmas decorations keep them inflated? In colder weather, they seem to always deflate during the night. Does anyone have any hints on keeping them fully inflated while outside in the cold.

• Kathy Gunter Law

Mine have a small motor that runs and keeps it inflated. I have had them all on a timer and they would deflate a bit during the day while the blower and lights were off but reinflate to full size around 5:30 PM. Now I just have lights on a timer since it's not that much power to keep them inflated all the time.

• Cor32419347

Hmmm! I have never had this problem and I have a lot of holiday inflatables. Check your inflatables for leaks with a pump spray water bottle. Repair any leaks. There are a lot of repair kits at home repair stores and bike shops. Call around locally for information on these stores. Good luck! and Merry Christmas!🎄

• Erin Reed | Erin Reed Makes

run them on a timer, only run them during parts of the evening, but not the whole night