Error loading player:
No playable sources found

The Tree: Simple Decorating Tricks for a Magazine-worthy Tree

Join Hometalk’s DIYer Channing, as she shows you how to go from ordinary to extraordinary - holiday style. She’ll be decorating her Texas home for Christmas and bringing you along for every DIY, showing you how to turn everyday items into easy holiday decor. These budget friendly hacks will save you money on decor so you can spend it on gifts to put under your perfectly trimmed tree.

Grab an extra bucket for your base
Grab an extra bucket for your base
Then, just grab that good 'ole artificial tree to start off this look

• Yvette Pesina-Solis

What size is the bucket? And can you tell me where to find one at?

• Michelle Boydston

You can get them at flea markets and thrift stores if you look. And I agree, farm supply stores carry them. Also check out estate auctions and Facebook marketplace

• Kaioverbeck

Do you have a photo of the completion. In the bucket and all lit up?

• Tessa

Where's the video - I find no such thing!

• Kathy mills

It’s at the very top of article there is a big white triangle that you touch to play the video.

• Suzann L

One thing to keep in mind...be careful when getting things from the yard...Pine cones, for example, may have tiny bugs in them...make sure they are free from any tiny "visitors"....

• Michelle Boydston

Absolutely gorgeous and great idea definitely will use from now on. I love vintage farmhouse decor as I grew up at my Grandparents farm. I love galvanized items and this is a great idea and way to take the worry out of your furry friend going on your tree 😉🎄

Absolutely love this great job and thank you so much for sharing your inspiring idea.