Asked on Dec 17, 2018

How do I clean a dishwasher?

Jeanette SOlivaCarrie @ Curly Crafty Mom
+2

How to clean a dishwater

• Beth

Place a 1 c. measuring cup of white vinegar on the top rack and run it for one regular load. The acid will clean it.

• Rebecca Taylor

Hi there, Most of the time I use 1 cup of white vinegar. I have a filter in the bottom of mine that I have to take out and clean because it gets a buildup that vinegar cannot handle. Mine got a few mold spots so I had to completely scrub it down and now when it is done, I leave the door on it open just enough for air to get in and dry everything. I wasn't sure if you needed a major cleaning or not.

• Oliva

Wiping the interior and the door frame and hinges with distilled white vinegar should be sufficient. Remove and thoroughly clean the filters, then replace.

• Jeanette S

My son cleans the filter and I use "Finish D/W Celaner" about every other month. Then I wipe down the inside really good with a dishcloth from a pan of warm water with just a little dawn liquid on a regular basis, particularly the ledge around the door where spills seem to accumulate.