Asked on Dec 18, 2018

How do I fix a small release of paper from wallboard?

Fiddledd224WilliamPeggy Burnette


4 answers
  • Kelli L. Milligan
    on Dec 18, 2018

    Try glue and tape it down until dry. Or just pull it off and patch with drywall mud.

  • Peggy Burnette
    on Dec 18, 2018

    Hi Mac, sorry your having problems with paper coming off wallboard. Here are some ideas on how to fix it. Good luck How to Fix Torn Drywall Facing | Home Guides | SF Gate

    1. › Home › Home Improvement › Home Painting

    The repair isn't significantly different in either case. Pull off as much loose paper as you can, but do it carefully to avoid increasing the area of the repair. Spread drywall primer on the area that needs repair. Spread a thin layer of all-purpose joint compound over the torn facing with a 6-inch drywall knife.

  • William
    on Dec 18, 2018

    Remove the paper and use a no shrink drywall patching compound with a putty knife.

  • Fiddledd224
    on Dec 20, 2018

    If it is only a small lift, I would dampen it and put a little spackle under it, smooth it, let it dry and then sand. If it is larger, you should pull the old tape off and replace it. Then let dry and sand. Repaint,

Your comment...