Hometalk Originals
Hometalk Originals
  • Hometalk Team
  • West Orange, NJ

The Stockings: This Stunning Stocking Hanger Doesn't Need a Mantel

Join Hometalk’s DIYer Channing, as she shows you how to go from ordinary to extraordinary - holiday style. She’ll be decorating her Texas home for Christmas and bringing you along for every DIY, showing you how to turn everyday items into easy holiday decor. These budget friendly hacks will save you money on decor so you can spend it on gifts to put under your perfectly trimmed tree.

In today's episode, Channing shows us how to make a gorgeous stocking hanger to put on our wall (for anyone who doesn't have a fireplace or mantel). Check out her clever transfer trick and enjoy the sparkling result!

the stockings this stunning stocking hanger doesn t need a mantel

She started by cutting and whitewashing her boards.

She printed out a fun, holiday message and transferred it to her sign. You can catch her cool technique in the video above!

Channing had a marquee look in mind, so after sticking block letters onto her sign to complete her message, she measured where her lights would pop through.

She drilled holes and pulled her fairy lights through.

And here it is! The finished stocking hanger is so beautiful, and you can hang it on any wall in your home. Check out the video above to see it come together and catch a glimpse of it twinkling away in Channing's Christmas-ready house!

• N. G. Londonderry

Where is the video mentioned in your post? I am interesting in viewing your project.

• Debbie Nottingham

i viewed video on my phone also and it worked (with a short different commercial in between) for me. I just didn't tap on arrow, waited like 2-3 seconds and video continued. Maybe that will work for you. Good luck. 🎄

• Bev darragh

What type of wood did you use, wondering about the weight

• Krista

did u get the sign printed in transfer ink or transfer paper?

• Sharron Bennett

Wonderful idea and so pretty!

• Joanie

Terrific idea, especially if you're without the old stand by, a Fireplace......I think it is really pretty and I hope Santa fills them stockings with Holiday love and joy!!