Asked on Dec 18, 2018

How do we pick a shade of white paint?

Pat Rios | The Wood SpaBrittany @by Brittany GoldwynDiane Coverdale
+2

How do we pick out a shade of white with no blue or yellow tint in it....any suggestions as to what shade or brand of white paint for our bathroom....we tried a light gray but it looks like light blue or want to just paint white to go with our gray tiles.....

• A Crafty Mix - Michelle

Hi Barbara - this article has some really good tips on how to choose the right shade of white - https://www.idealhome.co.uk/diy-and-decorating/best-white-paint-walls-172455

• 2dogal

Get color swatches from your paint department and tape them to the wall of your bath. Lighting is the main factor in color change. All paint brands will have a true white. Any good brand of paint will be OK to use. I prefer to use Behr, found at Home Depot, and have for years in various houses, but most people have their favorite brand. What is needed in a bath is a gloss or at minimum, a semi-gloss paint though.

• Diane Coverdale

What colour is your bathroom? Then pick that shade of white. Let your paint technician know what you're looking for and they may be able to invent a shade just what you're looking for!

• Sherwin Williams Pure White is just that--a pure white. Beward that it can look a bit stark, though. We have it in semi-gloss on our trim. We have it on our bedroom walls here because I wanted a really bright, clean look. Sherwin-Williams Repose Gray is a good basic gray, too, that doesn't look too blue. You could have them lighten it at 50% to achieve a lighter gray. (We have it unlightened here.)

• Pat Rios | The Wood Spa

I have Behr “New House White” all over my house. It has no yellow in it but it is not super bright white either.