A Toybox Made From Pallet Wood!

When we scored 100+ free pallets, I knew I wanted to make things from them. There is so much inspiration out there these days here on Hometalk, Pinterest and Blogs etc! So when my daughter told me she needed a toybox for my grandson this is the first thing I made!
This is how it turned out! I was concerned that if I made a lid for it, he could potentially hurt himself opening and shutting it and I could see him climbing inside and maybe get shut in and not be able to get out so no lid. This also made for easy visibility and access for him to get to the toys he wanted to play with at any time! Also easy for him to put them away!
I first deciding on a size and them hunted through the pallets to find the perfect ones to use. It is important to know what was shipped on your pallets and check for stamp "HT" to be sure they were not chemically treated.Then the fun began with disassembling the darn things! But I figured out a way.
Next I cut them all to size and completely sanded them. We don't want any splinters!
Next I assembled the box and added castors and sanded the whole thing a second time.
Then I stained,stenciled,and sealed it! To see more details please visit my blog!

Cindy@GlassSlipperRestorations

• Rita H

Has anyone considered this...? I have heard there is poison in the wood from the preservatives in wood pallets. Does anyone know about this?

• Redeemwood

@Rita H Please read ALL of Cindy's post and you will see that she has taken proper steps to educate herself and address this concern. You should do likewise as well.

• Ozzys Girl

Love it! Tip for taking pallets apart, a saw zaw . I take lots of them apart and this is so much easier and you get the look of rusted nails to.