Sondra
Sondra
  • Hamilton, OH

Decorate Your Chandelier With Christmas Ornaments

$20

Add some extra Christmas cheer to your dining room by using this simple decorating idea.

decorate your chandelier with christmas ornaments

This is a super simple project, but it adds so much sparkle and Christmas cheer to your chandelier. These photos are of the chandelier in my dining room, but I also plan to use the same concept and decorate the light above my breakfast room table.

If you would like to see more of my dining room (before I decorated the chandelier) and my front porch Christmas decor you can do so here.

To complete this project you will only need 3 supplies. The first is an assortment of glass ornaments in whatever color scheme you choose. I used white and silver ornaments.

The second supply is a floral ball to add to the center of the chandelier.

The final supply you will need is some type of ribbon to attach the decorations to the chandelier. I used curling ribbon for the ornaments and the floral ball came with an attached silk ribbon, so I used that.

I used different shapes of ornaments and different sizes as well. If using more than one type and/or color of ornament, be sure to mix them so that you do not have all of one color or shape clumped together.

When completing this project, I used glass ornaments not plastic ones. I did this for two reasons. First, the glass ornaments provide more sparkle and really reflect the light from your fixture and secondly, the glass ornaments will be more heat resistant. I also would recommend only attaching ornaments to sections of the chandelier which are not subject to drastic changes in temperature during use. I have low wattage bulbs in mine, so there is almost no heat emitted at any point.

I hope you enjoyed this super quick and easy DIY. You can see the complete blog post here including a photo of the chandelier after dark with the lights turned on.

Sondra

• Hope

Hi Sondra...

I love your walls!! Did you do them yourself..? I would love to see how you did it and what colors you used.

~ Hope ~

• Sondra

Thank you. I did paint them myself. I used the product below. The colors are from Porter Paint are Leather, Rare Gold, and Pale Silk. They are from an older paint color collection as I painted this room several years ago. The Woolie was super easy to use. Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.