Asked on Dec 18, 2018

How else can I get rid of weeds beside vinegar?

Betty Albright-BistrowWilliamJessica VanderVeen

my Lawnmower does not have a catcher so all the cuttings stay on lawn usually this is good but this winter in southwe Louisiana weeds are very mabundant I useis vineagar for weeds what else can I do

• Jessica VanderVeen

Either rake the clippings or get a leaf blower so you can move all the clippings to one area

I also suffered with weeds. At one point, two thirds of my lawn was taken over. I tried everything under the sun. I finally tried Spectracide Weed and Feed. I mixed a much stronger solution than the instructions said. Used a handheld sprayer and really wet the "lawn" down with no rain scheduled for the next few days. Killed the weeds and the lawn came back stronger than ever. I still get some weeds coming back every so often, so I pull out what I can and spot spray it along with other weeds as general maintenance.

• Betty Albright-Bistrow

Hi Elizabeth! It is hard when you do not have a catcher for your lawnmower. You can order one if you are able to figure out the mower number, etc. Home Depot, Lowe's could help you! A blower, a good rake all will help you accomplish this. Also, we use Roundup because it does the best for us controlling weeds. I am also sending you a link. Good luck to you!! Merry Christmas!!

https://www.gardenmyths.com/homemade-weed-killer-roundup-vs-vinegar-vs-salt/