How do I get rid of mice that have invaded my home?

+4

I bought 8 traps; 4 little houses with poison; sticky stuff and the black plastic traps easy to set. Two weeks and no luck. They are straching at the doors and bits of wood is everywhere. I am sooooo frustrated.

• Judy Judy on Dec 18, 2018

We had to get an exterminator. The damage was much more than gettting one if we left it.

• Redcatcec Redcatcec on Dec 18, 2018

Hi,

We had a mouse infestation earlier this year, they got into everything.

What we did was go outside, bring someone with good vision and take a serious objective look at your house. Look for any crack or crevice you can find in the foundation, around windows and doors, look where pipes and wires enter the house,remember they can climb. They can fit through a hole the size of a dime.Go to a DIY store and fill on those spaces with a foam product that will cut their face if they try to chew through it.

They avoid the snap mouse traps, won't eat the cube in the enclosed traps. The sticky cardboard works the best. Mice tend to go in a pattern around the baseboards. So that is where you need to concentrate your efforts. If they are chewing the door, put it down close to the area, surprise them. You may also have to move the sticky traps to fit their patterns.

They don't need water, only food.

Best to you.

• Mogie Mogie on Dec 18, 2018

Remove ALL sources of food for them. Remove all food from counters, when you feed your pets pick up what they don't eat immediately, Check you pantry to see if they have gotten into the food. The food in your pantry should be inside counters as mice can and will chew thru the normal wrapping. Use old peanut butter container to store things like flour and sugar. You will need to figure out where they are getting in and fix it so they can't. Pick up and clean any nesting material in their reach. And remember that mice poop can cause several diseases. Don't touch any poop or pee with your hands. It is even recommended not to breath wherever their droppings are without some type of filter. They can fit thru tiny holes so seal the place up GOOD.

• Kaioverbeck Kaioverbeck on Dec 18, 2018

With all those traps and sticky stuff, not one dead in over two weeks. Dont know where they are hanging out during the day. One of us is most always home. They come out late nite between midnight and six a.m.

• Nancy Turner Nancy Turner on Dec 18, 2018

Put the sticky traps right on the highways they use. You will see their poo and a black pathway. I use the regular mouse traps and put peanut butter on them, making sure to press it into the opening on the part they spring. I had a huge, meaning hundreds come from empty homes on one side of our lot when they tore them down in late fall when it was getting cold and had to find a warm place to go. All the houses around those empty houses got infested. Do not use poison in the house, you don't want them to die onside the walls or floors and stink until they are completely desiccated because you can't get to them without ripping out floors or walls. The traps and sticky traps are the only way we got rid of them. Due to living down south in bug heaven years ago, almost everything in stored in glass jars or thick plastic containers or jugs. I had them literally chew holes in the drawers of a Rubbermaid type three drawer storage to get at the couple of pasta packages that I stored in there and some crackers. It took a while, but we managed to get rid of every one of them. The sticky pads, not the box ones, and the regular mouse traps worked extremely well for me. My sticky traps in the beginning caught up to twelve of them in a night. If you have them getting into drawers and cupboards, put cotton balls with mint oil in them. If it has things in it that may get stained from the oil, put it in an open baggie, the odor will still be strong, they hate it.