Round Farmtable Make-Over

$50

I love the look of the chalk painted tables but didnt want to pay the $300+ price tag to obtain one! I took a scroll through FaceBook marketplace and scored this old claw foot beauty for a whopping $20.

round farmtable make over
round farmtable make over

I debated going down the 'chalk paint' path. But, now that I tried it....I'm so glad I did! Easy is an understatement. The can said, 'no sanding necessary'. As you can see from the photo, this table had a few dark spots on the tabletop. So, I decided to sand it down just a tad. I'm not sure it was necessary, but in the long run, am glad I did.

I lightly sanded the tabletop, applied one coat of white chalk paint, let it dry thouroughly and then applied another coat. As the instructions said, 'the magic happens with the second coat'. I applied a second coat, let it dry and then added the top coat of wax sealer.

Again, dont let this step fool you into thinking chalk paint is difficult. Apply the top coat wax, let it set for 1 hour and then buff it out with a rag  !

round farmtable make over
round farmtable make over

So glad I bought the table and out in the few hours it took to transform it.

P.S. in case you are wondering, I bought the chairs on FaceBook marketplace for $80. I plan to recover the seat cushions in a white/gray fabric. The chandelier and white drapes are from Overstock.com.

All together...I am happy with the look!

Karen S Gillman