MelissaG
MelissaG
  • Edgar, WI
Asked on Dec 21, 2018

How do I remove an odor from a dog bed?

LizbethSharon Tircuit FranklinGk
+2

• Kathy

I would sprinkle baking soda on it and let it sit for a few hours.

• Most are washable. If it does not fit in your machine, take to a coin laundry. Does it, by chance have a zip off cover. I wash the pet beds once a month and their throws and blankets, once a week.

• Gk

Vacuum all excessive pet hair off first and then take them to the laundromat and put some vinegar in the rinse cycle. Sometimes even washing them doesn't help if you have had them for a long while. It could be time to get new.

• Sharon Tircuit Franklin

I have 2 large dogs who hate baths so I know doggie odor! I've tried baking soda, I've tried vinegar, but I've found that washing them with laundry soap and some good old fashioned sudsy ammonia works best.

• Lizbeth

If washable, oxyclean may help also. It is mainly marketed to remove stains, not odor. And for the right kind of stain (mostly stains from organic material) it works quite well. But most doggie odor comes from organic compounds left in the material so if other methods fail, try it!