Asked on Dec 22, 2018

How can I reuse old battery colour-change wax candles?

Michelle LeslieNancy Turner

I inadvertently left batteries in my colour-change wax candles and they have corroded? How can I reuse the candles to make something else?

• Nancy Turner

Have you tried to clean up the contacts? My hubby has had luck with cleaning the contacts with sand paper to get the corrosion off. Try it and see if fresh batteries after cleaning up the contacts will make them work again. He has made it work quite a few times in many battery operated things have had batteries left in them too long. I hope this helps you, Royal!

• Royal

Thanks Nancy. We have tried cleaning them & got most of the corrosion off, but new batteries don't work. We'll keep trying.

• Michelle Leslie

Hi there, you should be able to clean the corrosion so you can reuse the candles. This article will show you how - https://cleaning.lovetoknow.com/Clean_Alkaline_Battery_Corrosion

• Michelle Leslie

Best of luck. I'll keep on looking to see if there isn't anyway to repurpose them and make them into something else. Do you perhaps have a picture of one of the candles?