How do I fix a garage floor that I didn't prime and put down epoxy?

+3

• Joy30150932 Joy30150932 on Dec 22, 2018

What happened to it??

• William William on Dec 22, 2018

If you used a garage epoxy paint kit did you follow the directions? No primer is needed. Just a level and smooth base. What seems to be the problem?

• Mogie Mogie on Dec 22, 2018

Daniel what is wrong with the floor?

• Patsy47 Patsy47 on Dec 23, 2018

BE MORE SPECIFIC!! PICTURES WOULD HELP TOO....

• Lifestyles Homes Lifestyles Homes on Dec 23, 2018

If it’s peeling up, then the floor has to be cleaned better, and that may require something like TSP and then muriatic acid solution - to get the concrete to bond to the epoxy.

If the concrete is efflorescencing, then the epoxy won’t stick, over the years, based on my experience. There are chemicals for treating efflorescence, but the source of the water that caused it, must be stopped, first. In my case, it was the yard irrigation system.

If you can’t get the new epoxy paint to stick, then I’d consider Concrete Stain, which actually permeates the concrete and dyes it.

• Daniel Daniel on Dec 24, 2018

I power washed the area. I didn't buy the kit I just used epoxy In the gallon can, wait a couple of days then put sealer on it, then it starts to peel off when one of the tires when parking the car again, small area that's when I damp mop the floor. that's when it starts to peel. thank for your time. daniel