Twin Olympians Trade Nurseries For These Top-To-Bottom Room Makeovers

$1

A few weeks ago, East Coast Creative got the chance to collaborate with USA Women's Hockey Olympic Gold Medalists Jocelyne and Monique Lamoureux to makeover their nurseries. The identical twins were both expecting babies within a month of each other and needed to get the nurseries done asap. (Spoiler Alert: Monique just had her baby boy Mickey!) I loved designing the rooms and had a lot of fun with the twins - doing the projects 'Trading Spaces' style - where each twin worked on their sister's room and revealed it each other when finished!

This video file cannot be played.(Error Code: 102630)

Check out the video above to see how we transformed the nurseries fit for two new tiny champions! It's so much fun and shows off some great design - with maybe a prank or two along the way :)

First, I got a sense of what styles appealed to Jocelyne and Monique and created designs that would suit each of their needs and tastes. Next, we swapped spaces. We started with a fresh coat of paint in each room to give us new canvases to work from.  

Jocelyne had done some light DIY in the past and Monique was a total DIY-newbie, so I was sure to show them the basic steps of the makeovers so they could come away with some skills for their next room update!

Jocelyne didn't know if she was having a boy or girl, but she knew she liked wood tones, natural themes and a modern feel. Together, Monique and I installed a giant, peel-and-stick, dreamy landscape mural to create a natural-looking and super interesting accent wall.

And here's how her nursery turned out!

Adorable reading and cuddling nooks, right?

Monique was expecting a boy and she had a good sense of the look and feel she wanted: neutral, maybe a bold accent and overall very organized.

Jocelyn and I added real wood planks on one wall to create an accent.

Then we put vinyl stripes up in the closet and added shelves and baskets for organization. It'll looks so stylish and organized.

Here's how the finished space turned out (amazing, right??)

This project was such a blast! I love helping people create spaces they really love and showing them how doable it really is! Hope you enjoyed these gold-medal makeovers and the video as much as I did!

On to the next DIY...

• Tiena Nobles

Both nurseries are beautiful! Nice job!

• Vanessa

Both rooms are amazing! I would have loved to have either room when I had babies over 30 years ago. Enjoy your babies and great hubbys.