Refinished Wood Bedframe

$50

I recently made over a tired old wooden bed frame with a lot of beautiful curves. I used Annie Sloan’s chalk paint to accent the beautiful natural wood that was enriched with hemp oil to make it shine.

refinished wood bedframe

Here is the original bed frame before I got to work.

refinished wood bedframe

I used a sander to strip the flat surface of the head and foot boards to the original wood. Two coats of hemp oil were applied to bring out the shine and protect the wood.

refinished wood bedframe

The paint color was a blend of Napoleonic Blue and Graphite. Two coats were applied with one of Annie’s medium brushes. Clear wax was used to seal and silver gilding wax to highlight the beautiful curves.

refinished wood bedframe

The side rails were painted on the outside and then let to dry.

refinished wood bedframe

Silver gilding wax was used to enhance the beautiful details

refinished wood bedframe

Up close look at the beautiful new headboard in her new home.

refinished wood bedframe

More silver accents, so pretty!

refinished wood bedframe

Here is the bed in her new home, just waiting for her new mattress. all set for a princess 👑

refinished wood bedframe

• Annie Sloan chalk paint in Napoleonic Blue and Graphite  (The Painted Bench my local stockist)
  • Silver gilding wax clear wax  (The painted bench my Annie Sloan stockist)
  • Hemp oil  (My stockist)

• Donna

Hemp oil was all that was used on the wood?

I am refinishing a headboard for my son's room. The stain I used didn't cover as expected so I blended with another stain and it became thick and left lumps. I am thinking of stripping it down. Would hemp oil be good on just about any type of wood?