How do I easily clean an oven?

+2
  • Craft Invaders Craft Invaders on Dec 23, 2018

Here's some tips from other Hometalkers Carol that might be useful

https://www.hometalk.com/search/posts?filter=clean%20oven

• Cindy Cindy on Dec 23, 2018

Hi Carol. I'm Cindy. I make my own cleaner and I use the heck out of it. I peel 2 oranges. I put the peels in a jar. Cover the peels with vinegar. Keep in refrigerator for 2 weeks. Shake the jar every couple days. After 2 weeks pour the vinegar into a spray bottle and throw the peels away. There's some oils in the orange peels that make this cleaner smell wonderful. To clean my oven, I sprinkle baking soda on the bottom, quite a bit. Then spray the orange cleaner on the baking soda. It will start to bubble. Walk away for a half hour. Come back and wipe it all away with a clean damp cloth. Repeat if necessary. I use this cleaner in kitchen and bath. It makes your whole house smell wonderful.

• Betsy Betsy on Dec 27, 2018

Hi Carol: What I use is a paste of vinegar and cream of tartar (the dry stuff). Make a paste of vinegar and cream of tartar (use just a bit of vinegar at first as the cream of tartar sort of melts) and put it on the gunk. Maybe start out with 3 tablespoons of cream of tartar and a 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar. Add more of whatever to make a paste. Let it sit for about 15 or 20 seconds and then scrape off with a plastic putty knife or one of those plastic scrubbies. You may have to do it a couple of times if the gunk is thick, but usually not. There is no smell and it is environmentally safe. A lot of people don't know, but on most stoves, the door comes off and the bottom of the oven comes off. You don't have to take the door off to get the oven floor out. Sometimes it's hard to get the door back on:) Good luck.