Tracy
Tracy
Asked on Dec 25, 2018

How can I repurpose an old wool coat?

Sal3170064ConnieA Crafty Mix - Michelle
+2

I have an old wool coat that the lining is ripping out and some of the weave is loose. I would like to use it for a rug or something. Any ideas?

• Donna M Davs-Prusik

I have two large blankets in the basement that were hand made out of wool pieces that must have come from various items and absolutely HAS to be very old. There were only a very minimal amount of holes in them... Someone left them at a house I rented and the landlord didn't care so I definitely would not leave them behind! Those are the type of blankets you need when the power goes out and you don't have enough dogs to cover you in bed. LOL! ;)

• A Crafty Mix - Michelle

Hi Tracy, maybe this article will give you some ideas on how to repurpose your woolen coat - https://housewifehowtos.com/save-money/20-uses-for-old-sweaters/

• Connie

Rather than a rug....pillows? Make into a vest. Use as a background for an art project in a large frame. Seeing the fabric would help me with ideas. Use on underneath side of a glass table. Make rosettes for a Christmas wreath. Make into a throw with purchased fabric or faux fur. Make teddy bears. Make Christmas stockings. Let us know how you use it.

• Sal3170064

My mum had a coat she loved when she was 21. She wore it for years then kept it for another 58 years before giving it to me to cut up for crafting.

It was approaching her 80th, so as a suprise I designed and made a teddy bear, I used the lapels, belts and buttons. My mum was thrilled. I then made smaller ones for my siblings.

You could also make a bag or cushion out of your coat.