Asked on Dec 25, 2018

How can I smooth out my rug?

Karen | Decor HintKmdreamerMISSMAC IN TX
+2

I’ve has my household things in storage 8 months and my rug doesn’t want to unroll smoothly..do I have to buy a new one or does anyone think it will smooth out?

• Mary lu

can you stretch it out towards the edge of room and tack it down. There is a tool that you press with your knee and then tack, don't know what it is called but it works great. if you can't tack it down, maybe put some weight around the edges.

• Try rolling it up in the opposite direction for a bit. Unroll it and the put some weight on the parts that a giving you trouble.

• MISSMAC IN TX

Roll it the opposite direction for a day or so. Lay out, consider using steam on curled end if you have a fabric steamer on the Back side. Then immediately weight down with furniture or heavier items. It will lose its memory from being rolled up

• Kmdreamer

It should smooth output something heavy on the ends

• Karen | Decor Hint

Try heavy books on the wrinkles for days at a time. Also a high suction vacuum can sometimes be enough to flatten it in the opposite direction