How do I clean a fiberglass shower floor?

+2
  • Lifestyles Homes Lifestyles Homes on Dec 25, 2018

Start with a combination soap scum/lime/calcium/rust cleaner made for tubs & showers. It may take multiple applications and a lot of elbow grease.

Don’t use an abrasive on it, something like Barkeeper’s Friend or Bon Ami is fine.

Wear long vinyl gloves & ventilate the area very well.

If you know what the stain is, let us know.

If it’s badly stained, it may need to be coated and there are DIY kits for that. Follow the directions to a T.

• William William on Dec 25, 2018

Easy Off No Fume Oven Cleaner in the BLUE can. Spray it on, let it sit and liquefy. Rinse well. Works on enamel, porcelain, and fiberglass.

• Linda Stalnaker Linda Stalnaker on Dec 25, 2018

I use "The Works" toilet bowl cleaner in a spray bottle! You can buy it anywhere but Dollar General is cheapest! I spray it on, let it sit awhile and rinse it off!

• Lisa Sinclair Lisa Sinclair on Dec 26, 2018

A little more info would help, but my go to, is baking soda. It's mildly abrasive,but won't scratch. It'll remove most stains, even rust spots. If you need a little more, i pour vinegar over the baking soda, and allow to sit. Then scrub, with a rag, or even one of those blue or green mesh scrubbies. ( not steel wool, or a brillo type , these will leave scratch marks). Good Luck!!!