Asked on Dec 25, 2018

How can I get really hot coffee using a Keurig coffee maker?

WandaKaren | Decor HintKmdreamer
+10

I am new to my Keurig...I have the K400 which I can use with a carafe or just a cup.We love our coffee really hot.....we don't think our Keurig gets it hot enough. I have reached out to the company......not much help Anyone out there who uses a Keurig & has an idea/opinion?Thanks

• Betty Albright-Bistrow

Hi Beverly! Take a look at this link and see if it is helpful for your specific problem. I know my sister's coffee in her machine is not real hot either. I hope this helps!

https://www.kitchensanity.com/coffee/common-keurig-coffee-maker-problems/

• No home brew coffee machines get as hot as the commercial units. Which is why coffee out tastes much different than home brewed even using the same products. In short, it gets complicated by legal issues as to how hot the water can get with any home use system. I have 3 coffee pots, a tiny 4 cup, a typical 12 cup with carafe, and a commercial urn type that makes 50 cups. What do I use most? The pour over method. That way I can heat water up in my tea kettle to get the water super hot and coffee tastes the best to me. I enjoy coffee out, but going to a coffee house is a "treat" and not a daily occurrence.

• Mona Blake

I use my combo grinder and coffee pot from Better Homes and Gardens. I bought mine at Walmart online. It makes hot coffee.

• Kmdreamer

Yes go into settings and keep changing it till you get temp then rate the number higher then it is now

• Beverly

I have not found a settings button........where did you find yours?

• Kmdreamer

Don’t forget to save it

• Karen | Decor Hint

I have owned a Keurig for many years and love it. I too love my coffee piping hot. I changed the temperature setting to the max. Coffee is hot enough for my liking. Check you Manual if you are unsure how to change this, it should be a button or inthe settings/menu.

• Beverly

Thanks for your suggestion. I have not found any way to change the settings. One other person has also suggested this.....guess I need to call Keurig again!

• Wanda

Mine has a setting for cocoa. It is a lot hotter.

• Wanda

Yes you can. You will be using coffee in the dispenser instead of cocoa. Try it.

• Wanda

Let me know.