How do I remove a hot water vent?

I want to renovate my kitchen but have hot water radiant heating vents along my walls where I want to install new cabinets. Is there a way of reventing without having to put radiant piping along the floors? Is there such a thing as a kick kit for hot water heating which can be installed instead?