April
April
  • Lawrenceville, GA
Asked on Dec 25, 2018

How do I decorate a bathroom countertop in a rental home?

CribbsStyleAprilOliva
+3

• Same as you would anywhere else. Put out your pretty decor and enjoy! Unless you get permission from the landlord to change your countertops, embrace what you have.

• Lifestyles Homes

What is it made out of? You could lay trivets or large tiles on it, but you’d have to put adhesive cork pads on the bottoms to avoid scratching the countertops & to wipe down the surface.

• Tinyshoes

April....I agree that you need to clear any and all updates in a rental with the landlord before doing anything. Sorry!

• Oliva

Place focus on an appropriately sized potted plant and eye catching liquid soap dispenser, or small guest soaps and a tray of disposable hand towels, if you wish.

• April

Thank you all for responding! There is a stain that won't come out and the landlord is ok with me covering it up...just not sure what to use.

• CribbsStyle

You could use contact paper or if your landlord is open to it, you can always paint your counters. Rust-Oleum has kits you can buy and you could get your landlord's approval for the color first.