Create Your Own Garden Flower for Under $5

$5

Run to the Dollar Tree while you still can! $1 and you can create a beautiful and unique flower to add to your garden-no watering needed!
On my most recent trip to Dollar Tree to find a frame I saw these chip /dip plastic dishes on top of a gondola and I got super excited! (Okay doesn't take much at my age but when an idea hits you -run with it) I knew right away what I could do with them so I bought a couple to see if my idea would work...
and boy did it!
If you are like me, you like to add a bit of whimsy to your garden and creating some whimsy is even more fun. I knew for a long time I wanted to create some flowers to place under bushes and randomly throughout. (I do not think these would make good stepping stones because they are not deep enough but I will work on it).
I happen to have the ingredients to make hyptertufa so I mixed a batch enough to fill 2 of these trays last night and could not wait until this morning to run outside (after my coffee) to see if they turned out. After I popped them out I put them in the sun to dry some more before painting them a few hours later with my last bit of spray paint. I am leaving one natural to see how it ages and now I have to make more and my next batch will be out of concrete to make thicker for stepping stones.
What do you think? I estimate about $5 in material for both flowers and stop by my blog and see what my concrete garden flowers look like with instructions!
Happy gardening everyone!
Creating, inspiring, and gardening without the rules!
garden flower stone diy, crafts, gardening
$1 at the Dollar Tree. I just love my new flowers!
Easily popped out of the mold.
I left one natural and spray painted the other purple with some black underneath for the center. The possibilities are endless!

The Garden Frog with C Renee

• Theresa

Can you use concrete to make stepping stones.

• Alice

She used Hypertufa is an anthropic rock made from various aggregates bonded together using Portland cement. Hypertufa is intended as a manufactured substitute for natural tufa, which is a slowly precipitated limestone rock; being very porous, it is favorable for plant growth.

• Theresa

• Mary Jo

The directions are not complete - what did you use to put in the molds if not cement?

• Ren

It says she uses Hyptertufa, it also says she is going to try concrete next.

• Van34283199

• Michelle

I really love this idea I’m gonna buy a few of these and glue a couple together paint them to look flowers put wholes on each side and hang them on my fence where I have my flower garden just spruce up the area also when my actual flowers have bloomed and passed I will have these to add a little color to my greenery.

• Ren

I’m going to try that except I’m gonna try to insert green rebar so I can put them in the ground.