Gingee
Gingee
  • Park Falls, WI
Asked on Dec 27, 2018

How do I get crayon out of a jacket?

KmdreamerAmandaDebi53
+2

Son-in-law did the kids laundry without checking pockets and lo and behold, there was a brown crayon in grandsons pocket. It got all over granddaughter's new jacket. Any suggestions how jacket can be restored??

• Yor17539797

Horrors! Crayons are waxed based, you could try placing paper towels or a rag under and over the crayon and gently iron it, melting the crayon residue onto the paper towel. If you have a dry cleaner near you, I'd talk to them. They probably deal with this stuff a lot!

• Debi53

We had the same thing happen to an entire load of laundry. I tried many things, but what finally work was Espro Sports Cleaner Stain Remover with Odor-Guard, 32 fl oz. It costs under $4.00.( Look for a bright orange bottle.)I liberally sprayed the area and scrubbed it gently with an old toothbrush until the stain was gone. You may have to do this a few times. Then I re-washed the items and they came out as good as new.

• Amanda

I would try the towel and iron. I do this for spilled candle wax and it works great!

• Kmdreamer

Try a brown paper bag and a iron and put bag over spot iron and move bag to new spot iron keep doing that till gone