Asked on Dec 27, 2018

How do I achieve a rubbed oil bronze color on metal?

1cs1267JanetKerriandBill Deal


Does anyone know of a paint I can purchase to achieve a rubbed oil bronze color on metal? I need a paint that can be applied using a brush, not a spray paint. Thank you.

6 answers
  • Flipturn
    on Dec 27, 2018

    What object are you wanting to have a rubbed oil bronze type finish?

  • Kc
    on Dec 27, 2018

    I get the best results with a dark brown spray paint followed by a dusting of black spray paint. After it dries I apply copper gilding with a finger tip...just a bit along a hard edge or a broad open surface where it would naturally appear as a bronze piece weathers and ages.

  • William
    on Dec 27, 2018

    Home Depot, Lowes, or Menard's should have metal paint in small cans.

  • KerriandBill Deal
    on Dec 28, 2018

    arts and crafts stores sell this - one product you can get through is called: vintaj


    it produces a copper or bronze look on any metal. Michael's also sells one that's similar.

  • Janet
    on Jan 1, 2019

    Rustoleum spray paint. They have that color as well as all metal volors.

  • 1cs1267
    on Jan 1, 2019

    Thanks, but as stated in my "question" I'd really prefer a paint that is not spray!!!

Your comment...