Asked on Dec 28, 2018

How do I get a glass shower clean?

Donna TaubVal7394925Amanda
+3

I use a bunch of used fabric softener sheets and a 50/50 mix of vinegar and water. For heavy deposits use straight vinegar no water. The remaining softener in the sheet will also slow down the build up.

Just like nonstick canola oil cooking spray can remove tough grime buildup in your bathroom sink and tub, the same goes for cleaning your shower door, too. Simply spray a bit of oil directly on your dirty shower door to clear away the lime deposits and dirt real quick. Use a kitchen scrubby to clean off the crud. The fine coating left behind will repel water.

• Fill a spray bottle with a 50/50 solution of Dawn dish soap and vinegar. Spray it on the glass (hard water is usually the culprit) and let it work. If they are tougher stains, you may have to scrub with a plastic scrubbie!

• Amanda

Hi Sally. I like to make a paste with baking soda and vinegar. I then scrub it on well and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. Then rinse and repeat if necessary. Rinse again and wipe dry. Washing the paste down the drain also helps freshen it. Good Luck!

• Val7394925

The baking soda/vinegar paste works wonderfully with Mr Clean's Magic eraser.

• Donna Taub

After a cleaning, spray it with a thin coat of Rain-X windshield spray. That's right, the one for your car windshield! It will stay cleaner from hard water stain and buildup for a much longer time. And less cleaning means more time for you. :)

• Beth

Just be sure NOT TO GET IT ON THE FLOOR of the shower!