Susan
Susan
  • Australia
Asked on Dec 28, 2018

How do I get a dent out of a dishwasher?

KmdreamerBetsyLizbeth
+1

Dishwasher has a large dent on the door,how can it be repaired?

• Allinthefamilysingers

TRY A PLUNGER IF IT IS NOT A TOP LOADER GET ONE OF THOSE MAGNET COVERS AND PUT OVER IT. I FOUND A CUTE WASHER ONE FOR MINE AFTER USING A DISHWASHER ONE FOR YEARS.THIS ONE IS MADE ESPECIALLY FOR WASHER HAS CLOTHES HANGING ON THE LINE AND ALL THAT..LOVE IT HAPPY NEW YEAR...

• Lizbeth

Agree a cover may be the way to go. Some dishwashers are made so the color can be changed by sliding a cover into narrow slots. Those slots are not obvious at all if you don't know to look for them. I'd check your manufacturer's booklet (online if you've misplaced yours) If the dent isn't raised a slide-in cover may work just fine. Or if it turns out you already have a cover & didn't realize it (some models have a cover with a different color on each side) it may be easier to get the dent out if the cover is removed from the door and laid flat to smooth the dent out. Use a towel to avoid scratches when pressing out the dent.

Hi Susan: Is it possible to remove the door cover and just push the dent out? If not, then the cover may be the only way to go. Good luck

• Kmdreamer

Have you tried a suction cup