Brenda
Brenda
  • Essex, MD
Asked on Dec 28, 2018

How can I use garland after the holidays?

Sal3170064Faith Provencher | Design FixationTinyshoes
+1

I love the way my home looked during the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, but now what can I put up as garland in place of the fall leaves and pine garland? I had lights all over the walls and entry ways of every room- I don't want to take them down!

• Amanda

Hi Brenda. You can leave the pine garland up taking any Christmas items off of it since it is still winter. Then in Spring I bought some spring flower garland that had lavender on it. I leave that up all spring and summer long. You can also find ivy garland that you would use.

• Tinyshoes

Brenda...Pine and snow with your light will be nice. I agree to remove any Christmas look but snowmen will work for winter. I love the Christmas/Thanksgiving (fall) look at my house too. Just go with winter thoughts and you will do fine!

• I feel your pain! The house always feels so empty once the holiday decorations come down. I would recommend replacing them with winter themed decorations... think winter whites (glitter, texture, etc.) and silver finishes. I'm planning to swap out my Christmas-y mantel decor with a set of white trees.

• Sal3170064

Why not have dried flowers, faux candles. A mirror ball will reflect light, hang crystals from Windows to reflect prism's.

You can use led lights that are on strip to put on the mantle or around staircases.