Sally Chaffin
Sally Chaffin
  • Fort Wayne, IN
Asked on Dec 28, 2018

How do I get the black stain off the inside of my grandson's toilet?

KmdreamerSally ChaffinBetsy
+5

• Have you tried scrubbing it with bleach?

• Kelli L. Milligan

Try soft scrub with bleach

• Amanda

Hi Sally. I use a pumice stone for stains in toilets. They work great. I find them at Walmart by the cleaning supplies.

• Lynn Sorrell

CLR

Hi Sally: First, flush your toilet and have something handy to keep the rod, its inside of the tank, up so that water doesn't go back into the toilet. Then, mix 1 part Dawn dish soap to 2-4 parts White Vinegar and put that on the stain. Let it sit for about 20 minutes and then wipe off. If this doesn't do the job, you an use a magic eraser. Don't use anything that will scratch the enamel, as that will just make room for stains and crud to stick to. You could even use Bon-Ami scouring powder or Barkeepers Friend. Since the water is not in the toilet, you have a lot of room to work with and not get your hands wet or dilute your cleaning solutions. Once you're done, remove whatever is holding the rod up and flush the toilet. You may get a 'burp' or gurgle, but that's normal. Good luck

• Sally Chaffin

Thanks everyone for your help.

• Kmdreamer

Get lime out and block the bottom of the toilet and spray the spot and let it sit on it for a hour