Betty Kanai
Betty Kanai
  • Pearl City, HI
Asked on Dec 28, 2018

How do I get rid of black magnet residue on my refrigerator?

Betty KanaiAngieZBetsy
+1

I had two small rectangular magnets on my stainless steel refrigerator for a few years. These magnets were rubbery and black on the part that stuck to my refrigerator. I tried to remove them but it was difficult. I was finally successful, but bits of the black rubbery stuff was still stuck to my refrigerator and very difficult to take off. Any solutions would be appreciated.

Try using Goo Gone or WD40. Scrape off with a credit card or something plastic so not to scratch the stainless.

Hi Betty: Try spraying it with WD40, or even putting a thickish dab of butter and let it sit for a couple of hours. Then, scrape off with a sponge or a plastic putty knife. It may take a couple of times, but this should work. Then, finish it off with a magic eraser and another spritz of WD40 to shine it up. Good luck.

• AngieZ

I would lightly rub the area with a damp Mr. Clean Eraser. This will not sratch the stainless steel. You will be surprised how effortlessly the mark comes out! Theses Erasers are amazing! I cannot be without them!

• Betty Kanai

I've tried the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser but unfortunately it didn't work. The black rubbery part of the magnet has solidified and is no longer soft.I will try Goo Gone and WD40. I didn't think of these things. Thank you so much for your suggestions. I will try again!