Dreama
Dreama
  • Brooklyn, NY
Asked on Dec 28, 2018

How do I clean faux wood blinds?

Lindsay AratariDesertRoseAmanda
+3

• Katie Sara Creates

Wrap a pair of salad tongs with microfibre cloths and elastic bands. Grab each slat with the tongs and drag them across to remove dust. You can also dampen the cloths with warm, soapy water if the blinds are a bit more dirty.

• Amanda

Hi Dreama. I like to use a feather duster. They have ones out now that really trap the dust in. If I need a really good cleaning then I use a damp rag and wipe them down after. They are a pain to clean and mine get so dusty.

• DesertRose

Some people wrap cloth around kitchen pinchers to clean blinds. I like to use swiffer dusters (esp. the long ones to reach) for mine and do them once a month to keep them from accumulating too much. Hope this helps!

• Lindsay Aratari

Swiffer dusters work really well because they can easily get into crevices. You can use them dry at first and then dampen them a bit afterwards, if you need to.