Asked on Dec 28, 2018

How do I clean pillows?

Lindsay AratariDesertRoseBetsy
+1

• Katie Sara Creates

I just toss mine in the washing machine like anything else and then put them in the dryer on low. But I make sure the only things in that load are pillows - I don't mix them with any other type of clothing or material.

If you want to remove stains, here's a great tutorial you can follow:

https://www.onegoodthingbyjillee.com/how-to-whiten-yellowed-pillows

Hi Tricia: I do what Katie does, except I get those mesh bags from the dollar store that are used for laundry, and stick the pillow in one of them. While I'm at the store, I get pillow case protectors. They are easier to clean than an entire pillow:) Good luck

• DesertRose

We put our pillows in the washing machine and set it on "bulky load" and then the dryer. Be sure your pillows are not bird down feathers though. Some cannot tolerate a hot dryer either so set it on low heat if you can. Hope this helps, Tricia.

• Lindsay Aratari

We throw ours in the washing machine on a heavy load with nothing else but pillows in the wash. Then I dry them on a low setting.