Asked on Dec 29, 2018

How do I cut the chandelier pieces that cover the individual lights?

Richard ThouinJewellmartinJulies1949
+1

On a traditional brass chandelier, I need to replace the plastic pieces that cover the electrical wiring for the individual lights. The pieces I have are about an inch too tall. How do I cut them to size? Thanks for your help.

Mary

q how do i cut the chandelier pieces that cover the individual lights
  • Kelli L. Milligan

Exacto knife or very sharp scissors

• Julies1949

Use a hacksaw, then sand the edges.

• Jewellmartin

Clamp a plastic piece to a piece of strong cardboard or a piece of wood or a table edge. Cut the plastic that is exposed to the right length. Then unclamp, turn the plastic over, reclamp, and cut the rest of the plastic. Repeat for the other pieces. And if you want them brass, Mary, spray paint should do the job in two light sprays. Best wishes, 😊

• Richard Thouin

Would a pipe cutter work? Measure the length / mark the proposed cut / attach pipe-cutter to start the cut, then scribe the circumference; Repeat by re-tightening the cutter ~ 1/4 turn / Repeat until cut is complete. (Some cutters have a de-burring attachment that cleans the edge of the cut => PERFECTION!